1. Образуйте порядковые числительные и напишите их по-английски:
1, 5, 18, 30, 54, 68, 79, 11, 92, 99.
2. Переведите следующие предложения:
1. It is winter. It’s very cold in Moscow in winter.
2. What time is it now? It’s eleven. Oh, it’s already late. I must go home.
3. It was frosty outside yesterday.
4. When does it usually get dark in Moscow in spring? It usually gets dark at half past 8 or at 9 o’clock in spring.
3. A. Заполните пропуски словами many, much, a lot of и переведите предложения:
1. How … eggs are there in the fridge, Mary?
2. Do you really need so … sugar?
3. He says he couldn’t bring … carrots.
4. He doesn’t think that … policemen have arrived.
B. Заполните пропуски словами (a) few, (a) little и переведите предложения:
1. Is there so … salt left?
2. I’m delighted. Tom made very … mistakes in the test.
3. There are … lumps of sugar left.
4. … people will admit their mistakes.
4. Поставьте к каждому предложению общий и специальный вопросы, переведите предложения:
1. Peter is waiting for someone now.
2. The sellers have reduced their prices for some of their goods.
3. Somebody telephoned me half an hour ago.
4. They are going somewhere tonight.
5. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, в форму Continuous, переведите предложения:
1. My daughter (watch) TV now.
2. His sister (play) the piano now.
3. At 2 o’clock yesterday I (write) a letter.
4. I (work) at my office at 4 o’clock yesterday.
6. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, в нужную временную форму, соблюдая правило согласования времен. Переведите предложения:
1. The secretary says that the British businessmen (to come) to meet the president.
2. She said that the president (to look through) the mail.
3. The director of the office let us know (поставил нас в известность) that we (must to be) ready for the talks with British businessmen.
4. I knew that she (to work) at our factory.
II. Writing to translate the text:
MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
Marketing concept includes various elements such as planning, research, new product development, sales, communications, advertising, etc. Marketing starts with production and later studies all its stages before, during and after production. In the sales area, marketing provides information about forward demand for the company's products or services, helps to find and promote demand for products and services.
Advertising is an important element of the marketing plan. It is used to increase sales by making the product or service known to a wider audience, and by stressing its superior qualities. A company can advertise in many ways, depending on how much it can spend on advertising. The different media for advertising include television, radio, newspapers, magazines and direct mail, by which advertisers send letters, brochures and leaflets directly to potential customers.
Advertising is a highly developed business. A lot of money is spent on advertising in every country.
Marketing planning is an integral part of the marketing mix and it depends on a thorough situation analysis.
Assignments to the text:
1. Identify and record 3 (general or special) issue to the text.
2. Write down the sentences in which there are words: many, much, a lot of, (a) few, (a) little.
3. Write down the sentences with modal verbs, modal verbs emphasize.
4. Turn the offer:
a) A good manager should be able to communicate with people.
b) Advertising is an important element in the marketing activities